Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Steamed Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake
- 115 grams Cake flour
- 1/4 cup Coco powder
- 3/4 cup Icing/powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 80 grams Condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
Ingredients for Buttermilk:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
Instruction for Homemade Buttermilk:
- Mix milk with vinegar, stir and let it set for at least 10 minutes.
Instructions for Lava Cake:
- In a bowl, mix and sift all the dry ingredients: flour, coco powder, icing sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine and whisk condensed milk and oil till they are well blended.
- Add the buttermilk and mix them well. Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix them well.
- Prepare the preferred bowl you want to use to steam the cake.
- Brush with oil and coat the bottom and the sides with coco powder.
- Fill the bowl half way with batter.
- Put some hard ganache or any chocolate pieces in the center.
- Cover the top with more batter and give it a shake so the top flattens.
- Steam for 10 to 20 minutes with paper or tea towel on top of the bowl to absorb the condensation of the water.
- Once cooked, remove the cake from the steamer and let it cool down but you can also serve it while still warm.
- Run a knife to the sides of the bowl and flip the cake on a plate.
- Dust it with icing sugar and add some fresh fruits or ice cream to decorate it.