Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
This frosting is a traditional frosting choice for red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, and is also a popular choice for cupcakes.
Cream cheese frosting can be used to frost the outside of a cake, or as a filling between the layers of a cake.
– Easy Cream Cheese Frosting –
- 1 cup Thickened/heavy/whipping cream
- 250 grams Condensed milk
- 250 grams Cream cheese
- In a bowl, whisk the cold thickened cream till firm but avoid to overmix it then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone or cream cheese till soft and creamy then add the condensed milk and keep whisking till well combined.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream and condensed milk mixture and whisk for few seconds.
- Scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl and whisk again till you see it thickening up.
- Always remember that if you whisk it too long, you could break it down and it could separate or become runny.