Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Marshmallows fondant is quicker, easier to make and tastes good. Basically all you need to do is melt down the marshmallows, then add a little water and powdered sugar to get it to the right consistency. Adding other special ingredients will help to keep the Marshmallow fondant pliable.
Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
Ingredients & Procedure:
- 125 g mini Marshmallows
- 400 g Icing/powdered sugar
- 2 tsp CMC/Tylose powder
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp Corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp Glycerine
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sift Icing/powdered sugar.
- Add CMC/Tylose powder and mix well. Set aside.
- Grease the microwave safe bowl and the spatula with vegetable shortening.
- Pour marshmallows into the bowl, add water and microwave for 30 seconds intervals ’till mixture completely melted.
- Take the bowl out the microwave, add the corn syrup, glycerine, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the icing/powdered sugar into the marshmallow mixture.
- Be sure to grease your hands well with vegetable shortening before you start kneading the mixture in the bowl.
- Use a fondant mat or a silicone mat (or grease your countertop) to transfer and continue working with fondant.
- Add the rest of the icing/powdered sugar and keep kneading ’till it is all incorporated into the mixture.
- Microwave for 15 secs and keep kneading ’till it is soft and smooth.
- Fondant is ready to use when it is elastic/stretchy.
For future Use:
- Shape fondant into a ball and coat it with vegetable shortening.
- Wrap with cling wrap and place into ziplock bag/container.
- Store at room temperature in a cool dark place where it will be keep for one month or 3 months in the fridge(refrigerator).
- If stored in the fridge(refrigerator), thaw fondant to room temperature.
- Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and knead ’till smooth.