Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Graham cracker is a sweet flavored cracker made with graham flour that originated in the early 1880s. It is eaten as a snack food, usually honey or cinnamon-flavored, and is used as an ingredient in some foods like S’mores, use a base for cheesecakes, and no bake frozen cakes.
Graham Crackers Recipe
Ingredients & Procedure:
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (Room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a bowl, cream butter (room temperature) using your electric hand mixer.
- Add the white and brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract.
- Whisk until everything is well combined, creamy and light in color.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to gather all the paste. Set aside.
- In a working mat/countertop, mix all purpose flour, wheat flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Mix well using your spatula.
- Add the butter mixture and use your hands to mix them well and form into a dough. It should be sticky and soft.
- Roll out dough in between of two parchment/wax paper until it is a little more 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, ruler or a knife, cut the dough into rectangles.
- Score the crackers down the center lengthwise and half across.
- Using a fork, prick the crackers on either side of the scored lines to create the classic graham crackers pattern.
- Place in the baking pan and chill in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Take the graham crackers out of the freezer and bake in a preheated oven 180°C (356°F) for 15 minutes.
- Take the graham crackers out of the oven and cut the shapes while still hot.
- Store the cooled graham crackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.