Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Evaporated milk is where about 60% of the water has been removed from fresh milk. There were times you need this ingredients for the recipes you wanted to make and you ran out of stock but with this Tutorial you will learn how to make your own evaporated milk.
Homemade Evaporated Milk
- 4 cups Milk
- Pour milk into a saucepan and turn the stove on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly.
- Once its on boiling point, turn the heat on low.
- Simmer for 50 minutes or until it reduced to half or about 60%.
- Turn the heat off.
- Strain the milk into a bowl.
- Let it cool down completely.
- You can use it straight away or place in an airtight jar/container and store in the refrigerator for one week.