Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
This Homemade Cream Cheese is easiy to make, rich, creamy, and tangy. You can add a tbsps of heavy/whipping cream if you like it more creamy and soft like mascarpone cream cheese.
Homemade Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 liter Fresh Milk (Full cream)
- 3 tbsps Vinegar/Lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Salt (You can add more or less)
- Pour milk into a pan and turn the stove on medium-high heat.
- Stirring constantly until it starts to a rolling simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the Vinegar, 1 tablespoon at a time, in 1-minute intervals. Continue stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking until the mixture curdles. Stir constantly until the mixture has separated completely
- Turn the heat off.
- Lay a sieve with cheesecloth over a large bowl.
- Pour the curd mixture into the sieve immediately.
- Transfer curds to a food processor. You can use a blender as well.
- Process until curds have come together and are totally smooth and creamy.
- You can add a tbsps of the liquid (whey) if its too thick or dry.
- Add the salt. You can add more if you like it saltier.
- You can add a tbsps of heavy/whipping cream if you like it more creamy and soft.
- You can use it straight away or place in an airtight jar/container and store in the refrigerator for one week.
OTHER RECIPES WITH CREAM CHEESE YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK OUT