Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Ganache is a glaze, sauce, or filling for pastries made from chocolate and cream.
This White Chocolate Ganache can be use under Fondant. Once it sets, it holds the shape and form of the cake so the heavy fondant doesn’t weight it down the way Buttercream squishes out the bottom. This Ganache can be whipped to get a smooth and silky consistency that can be used to coat the cake and piping decorations. Enjoy!
– White Chocolate Ganache –
- 250 grams White chocolate Bar/ melts
- 100 ml Thickened/heavy/whipping cream
- 50 grams Salted/Unsalted Butter
- Cut the White Chocolate Bar into small pieces.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl, add the cream and butter and microwave for 30 seconds, and another 10 to 20 seconds until completely melted.
- You can also melt the mixture using the double boiler/baine-marie method.
- Once everything is completely melted, the mixture becomes shiny.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for few hours to cool down.
- After few hours, it will set in the perfect working condition for piping, sandwiching, masking and decorating cakes.
- You can also place it in the refrigerator so it will set quicker.
- You can whip it using a hand mixer to get a silky smooth consistency.
- For future use, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for a week or one month in the freezer.
- The Ganache becomes hard but you can reheat and soften it in the microwave or with a double boiler.
Other Recipes You might be interested to Watch