Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Learn how to make this easy silky smooth no grit Marshmallow Condensed Milk Buttercream. This recipe is not too sweet but you can add powdered sugar if you want to.
Marshmallow Condensed Milk Buttercream Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 300 g Salted Butter (softened)
- 150 g Marshmallow
- 200 g Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Water
- In a bowl, beat softened butter (still cold).
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl, beat again until creamy and pale in color.
- Add the chilled condensed milk and beat for one minute.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl, set aside.
- In anothe bowl, combine the marshmallow and a tsp of water.
- Use a microwave safe bowl/container and microwave the marshmallow for 20 seconds.
- Mix and microwave again for another 10 seconds or until completely melted.
- Mix until you see no more lumps.
- Add the warm melted marshmallow into the buttercream and beat for two minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with cling/platic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- You don’t have to chill your buttercream if you use a store bought marshmallow fluff.
- After 20 minutes, take the buttercream out of the refrigerator and beat until it reaches stiff peaks, and silky smooth consistency.
- Marshmallow buttercream is ready to use.
- You can also replace half of the amount of the butter with vegetable shortening. This will help buttercream becomes more stable when it is humid.
- If your buttercream has plenty of air pockets, microwave for 5 to 7 seconds. It will help you remove them and use a spatula to mix.
- Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for a month or 2 months in the freezer.
- If you live in a cold country like me, use a room temperature butter and condensed milk. Microwave buttercream for 7 seconds intervals so it will be easy for you to spread it onto your cake.
- Use cold condensed milk and softened butter but still cold if you live in a humid country.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK OUT