Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Learn how to make this creamy & delicious Leche Flan Buttercream easy recipe. This Buttercream is not too sweet but you can add powdered sugar if you want to.
Leche Flan Buttercream Recipe
Ingredients and procedure:
- 300g Salted or Unsalted Butter (soft but cold)
- 200 g Leche flan (cut into cubes)
- In a bowl, beat butter.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl, beat again until soft, light and fluffy.
- Add the leche flan and beat to combine.
- Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl and beat again until smooth and fully incorporated.
- You can also replace half of the amount of the butter with vegetable shortening. This will help buttercream becomes more stable when it is humid.
- If your buttercream has plenty of air pockets, microwave for 5 to 7 seconds. It will help you to remove them and use a spatula to mix.
- The heat in your hands will make buttercream becomes too soft while piping, chill in the refrigerator for atleast 15 minutes before you continue.
- Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for a month or 2 months in the freezer.
- If you live in a cold country like me, microwave buttercream for 7 seconds intervals so it will be easy for you to spread it onto your cake.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK OUT