Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
This tiramisu cake is made of a vanilla chiffon cake soaked with coffee syrup, topped with whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, and dusted with cocoa powder. Just like classic tiramisu but in a cake form!
– Tiramisu Chiffon Cake –
Ingredients for Chiffon Cake:
- 3/4 cup Cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 4 large Egg whites
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh or Evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar or Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar (for the meringue)
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy | Whipping cream, very cold
- 100 to 200 grams Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Granulated white Sugar
Coffee Syrup & Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Boiling hot water
- 2 tbsps Granulated white Sugar
- 2 tsps Coffee instant graules or 1 tsp instant Coffee powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder for dusting the finished cake
Whipped Cream (for the Decoration) Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Whipping cream
- 2 tbsps Granulated white Sugar
Instructions for Sponge Cake:
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix well.
- Place a sifter on the bowl and sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until completely combined and no more lumps. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and gradually add the sugar.
- Continue whisking until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the batter.
- Pour the mixture and fold into the remaining meringue.
- Pour batter into a 7 x 3 inches square pan with a parchment paper on the bottom. You can also use 7 x 4 inches round pan for this cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven 175°C (347°F) for 50 to 60 minutes or more, depending on your oven.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
- Once the cake is at room temperature, you can cut it in half to make two cake layers then remove the parchment paper.
Instruction for Coffee Syrup:
- Mix hot water with coffee granules/powder and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Stil until sugar dissolves.
- Adding rum is optional.
Instructions for Cream cheese Frosting:
- In a separate bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sugar on medium/high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Thickened/heavy/whipping cream and beat on high speed until soft peaks.
- You can beat it longer if you would like it stiff peaks
- Use a spatula to scrape down the bottom and the sides of the bowl.
- Place the frosting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Instructions for Whipped cream (for the decoration):
- Mix Thickened/heavy/whipping cream and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Beat/Whip on high speed until stiff peaks.
Assembling the Tiramisu Chiffon Cake:
- Place one of the cakes on a cake stand/platter.
- Brush with coffee syrup over the bottom layer.
- You can also use a spoon to pour syrup on cakes.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the first cake layer.
- Top with second cake layer over the frosting and brush the remaining coffee syrup over the second cake layer.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Pipe a rossette or any designs you like all over the top with whipped cream.
- Dust generously with unsweetened coco powder.
- Chill in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours then your cake is ready to serve.