Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
Soft & fluffy Mocha Chiffon Cake with Mocha Whipped Cream Recipe. Mocha cake is a must for anyone who loves coffee and chocolate together. You will also learn some tips how to prevent your chiffon cake from deflating and sinking in the middle. This cake is so soft, very delicious and you will surely going to love it.
Mocha Cake with Mocha Whipped Cream
Ingredients for the cake:
- 3/4 cup Cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 4 large Egg whites
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh or Evaporated milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps Very Hot Milk (Fresh or Evaporated Milk)
- 1 tbsp Coffee Granules or 1/2 tbsp Coffee powder
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar or Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar (for the meringue)
Instructions for Chiffon Cake:
- In a small bowl, mix hot milk, Coffee powder or granules and cocoa powder until everything is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool down.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add the milk, oil, and sugar.
- Mix well until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the Vanilla extract and the coffee mixture. Mix well.
- Place a sifter on the bowl and sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until completely combined and no more lumps. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites with lemon juice or vinegar.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Continue whisking until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the batter until well combined.
- Pour the mixture and fold into the remaining meringue.
- Spread some cake batter directly onto the bottom of the 7 x 7 x 3 inches square pan. You can also use 7 x 4 inches round pan for this cake.
- This method help the parchment paper stick to the pan so the center of your chiffon cake don’t collapse and sink in the middle.
- Place and press down the parchment paper onto the pan.
- Pour cake batter into the pan and drop the pan on the kitchen counter a couple of times to get rid some of the air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven 175°C (347°F) for 50 to 60 minutes or more. Cooking times will depend on the oven you’re using.
- Once the cake is done, take the cake out from the oven.
- Place a cooling rack upside down on the top of the cake pan, then grab the sides of the cake pan and the cooling rack at the same time, and in a smooth motion flip them upside down. This will trap the heat inside and moisten the cake.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
- Once the cake is at room temperature, flip the entire thing back over and remove the cooling rack.
- Run a knife on the sides of the cake and gently unstick the parchment paper from the pan.
- Divide cake into two parts.
Ingredients and procedure for Mocha Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 1 tbsp Thickened/heavy/whipping/All purpose cream
- 1 to 3 tsps Coffee granules or 1/2 to 1 /2 Coffee powder
- 2 tbsps Dark Chocolate shavings
- 1 3/4 cup Thickened/heavy/whipping/All purpose cream (very cold)
- 1/3 cup Granulated white sugar
- In a bowl, pour a tbsp of cream and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add the coffee powder or granules and mix well. Set aside to cool down.
- Use a peeler or a grater (shredder) or a knife. Hold down chocolate with one hand and carefully scrape it with a peeler to create shavings. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix fresh cream, sugar and the coffee mixture.
- Whisk until soft peaks.
- Add the chocolate shavings, mix with a spatula and whisk again until it reaches stiff peaks.
Assembling the Mocha Chiffon Cake:
- Place one of the cakes on a cake stand/platter.
- Spread the mocha whipped cream frosting over the first cake layer.
- Top with second cake layer over the frosting.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder.
- Pipe a frosting boarder on the sides of the cake.
- Dust generously with unsweetened coco powder.
- Chill in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours then your cake is ready to serve.